Friday, April 18, 2008

Indigo Fish Market

14th Jan 2008.

When I was in India around two months back, I had gone to Bengaluru :) , Banglore for most of us to meet my brother and his wife. I had a good time in Banglore except I didn't like the city at all. Anyways on my way back to Nagpur I was to take the Go Indigo flight to Nagpur via Pune. My brother dropped me to the airport an hour early as he had some work in the office and the flight was an hour and a half late. So in short i had to spend 3 hours at the airport doing nothing.
I spent all the time doing exactly nothing, just noticing people at the airport who were exceptionally loud and vocal.
Finally the announcement for my flight was made and I was delighted. As we took our seats I realized that everyone on the flight was again very loud. For some time i wondered was it just me who thought like that ? Soon I realized I was not at fault, they were actually loud ! Even before the flight took off people in their lungi's started to walk in the flight as if they were taking a walk in the park ! The air hostesses had to make them sit, but they did not listen and continued their ' evening walk' in the flight. The minute the flight took off everyone on the flight started clapping as if it was some joy ride and started shouting. I was shocked. The three hours that the flight was in air the women ( they were huge ) kept on talking loudly, some fought and swore, some clapped when they saw the fight and some hooted. I suddenly felt as if i was in a fish market. 'Fish market' is the term my English Teacher in school used to use when we would fight in the class and talk loudly.The term is kinda stuck in my head since then. The poor air hostesses es made several announcements and asked them to remain seated but all in vain. The weird women and men just kept on changing seats, taking pictures and talking very loudly. Even the pilot made 3 announcements in very firm tone asking everyone to keep quiet and to remain seated. But nothing worked. I really didn't understand what it was that was making those people behave like that. Anyways finally I was happy when the journey came to an end and I reached Nagpur.

No comments: