Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Mornings

Each week I have a new version of my Monday mornings. These versions vary from burnt toasts and omelette's to missing the train when I am already late. The bottom line is every Monday morning comes with a new recipe for disaster. The story does not change much, the degree of disaster does. Every Sunday night I go off to sleep by 2am or so, after coming home from a late night shift at maccas. Every time I make a resolution that I will kick start the day by getting up early and doing my hair and going for work. According to me the first day of the week shows how your week is going to turn out. Unfortunately, I never hear the alarm ring on a Monday morning and thus instead of me kick starting the week, Monday morning kicks me !
I get up late which forces me either to completely skip my breakfast or end up having something which should look like toast and egg. I have to go without my favorite cup of coffee the first thing in the morning. I can't find anything to wear in my pile of clothes. The clothes I bought very excitedly just look bad on a Monday morning. Finally i make a run to reach the railway station only to realize that I have missed my train and will be late for work. Finally when I reach maccas, I always find myself surrounded by people I dislike which adds cherry to my already bad start.
And yes I have forgotten to mention that there are times when I have to take a cab and even then I am 15 mins late for work.
Through out the day I am sleepy. Things don't work out for me on Monday.
Every Monday morning reminds me of the previous week and somehow gives me a feeling that the current week is going to be even worse.

Note - I got up late today also !!!!

No comments: